21 °C / 70 F
Like a local
The ’Eternal city’ that is the heart and capital of Italy is home of some of the most distinguished historical monuments and attractions, as well as Francesco Totti. Rome never fails to enchant its visitors.
Top 10 things to do in Rome
1. Colosseum: The symbolic giant of Rome is still yet to be outdone in terms of size. No other amphitheatre ever built has been this enormous and it is mostly likely going to be like this forever.
2. Trevi Fountain: Possibly the world’s most beautiful “piggy bank”, Trevi Fountain ’receives’ over 2000 € on a daily basis from hopeful tourists venturing to this gorgeous attraction.
3. St. Peter’s Basilica: St. Peter’s Basilica technically belongs to the Vatican, but since Rome and the Vatican are within the same quarters, lets list the world largest and most prestigious basilica amongst the sights of Rome.
4. Sistine Chapel: The formal residence of the Pope, celebrated mostly for its ceiling-art that was created by no one other, but Italy’s renaissance master, Michelangelo.
5. St. Peter's Square: Situated right in front of the Basilica, St Peter’s Square is quite possibly the most well-known image of the Italian/ Vatican’s capital.
6. Arch of Constantine: Even though it is impossible to get completely close to this ancient sign of victory, the Arch of Constantine is visited by thousands on a daily basis.
7. Secret Food Tours of Rome: Risotto, Pizza, Pasta, Gelato, Espresso, Cappuccino are the keywords to describe this special tour which takes visitors around not only the Italian culinary palette, but also the mysterious alleys of Rome. http://mandelan.eu/product/83/secret-food-tours-rome
8. Interactive Classic Rome: a walk through time for families with kids: Roman history is known to be a recurring item of school history lessons, so why not take your child(ren) on this interactive tour and let them be the know-it-alls of their class, come autumn.
9. Pantheon: Has been preserved for thousands of years, and along with the fountain in front of it the Pantheon is a definite hot spot of the city of Rome.
10. Roman Forum: Previously a bazaar, today the ultimate collection of the ruins of ancient Roma. Must see attraction!
Good to know:
Currency: € / cent
Dial Code: +39
Airport: Fiumicino Airport
Railway: Rome Termini Train Station
When? / How long? : It is probably never enough of the Italian capital, therefore you should opt for at least 4 days, but prepare yourself to be wanting to extend.